Computer Monitor, like mac with blank screen. OVERVIEWDIAGNOSISTREATMENTFM DVDsSTUDY SIGN-UP FIQR self-test
       Pain explainedMyofascial painHaving SurgeryYour weightLupus in FMSjögren's
       Herbal medsGrowth hormonePregnancyMindfulnessFM DisabilityFM literature
                                                             PPT Slides    Frida Kahlo            

Finding a specialist to treat Fibromyalgia?


Rheumatologists, physiatrists and pain specialists are the physicians who most commonly specialize in diagnosing and treating fibromyalgia. Nurse practitioners and physicians assistants are sometimes a good option if you can't find an empathetic doctor; some specialize in fibromyalgia and become very proficient in its treatment.  There is, however, a wide variation of expertise, training and interest amongst individual health care providers in treating fibromyalgia patients. Often the experiences of other FM patients in your area provide a good guide for finding the right provider.  Here are some resources to help you find someone to treat your fibromyalgia.

WebMD has physician finder by specialty and region.

The American College of Rheumatology has an listing of all its members. 

Does the physician have Board Certification?

Does the physician have a Professional rating


                                      About us    Donations  Disclaimer